Connect with us

Politics

Denigrating attacks against Maia Sandu and Andrei Nastase during the counter-manifestation in front of the Government

Published

on

Yesterday, the opposition bloc ‘ACUM’ has organized a flashmob against rising fuel prices, in front of the Government. At the same time, several unknown people organized a counter-manifestation in which they chanted slogans anti-Maia Sandu and anti-Andrei Nastase.

Some of the so-called protesters were very young, others hiding their identity with medicinal masks and sunglasses. They used vuvuzelas and screaming indecent, insulting messages on behalf of the ‘ACUM’ bloc.

Later on, Action and Solidarity leader Maia Sandu blamed the action on the ruling party – Plahotniuc’s Democratic Party of Moldova.

Image result for plahotniuc

“By not having political solutions to get out of the crisis in which he has just led the country, Plahotniuc tries to climb spirits in society, spreading fear,” says Sandu.

The underage people and students who came to the counter-manpower refused to say who they were the organizers of the action in front of the Government.

The officers who arrived at the site separated the two groups. When asked by journalists why he did not intervene in the case of this counter-victory, the deputy head of the General Police Inspectorate, Gheorghe Cavcaliuc, declared that the police had taken measures to separate the two camps in order to prevent violent clashes and that the police are acting to establish “if they are” the people who led these counter-manifestations.

ACUM in fata Guvernului RM

Geplaatst door Nicolae Josan op Donderdag 23 mei 2019

Yesterday, the bloc ‘ACUM’ organized a flashmob in front of the Government of the Republic of Moldova against a substantial increase in prices for gasoline, diesel and agricultural products.

Photo source: Lucia Tăut

Justice

Maia Sandu asks the magistrates of the Moldovan Constitutional Court to submit their resignation letters

Published

on

PM Maia Sandu was disturbed by the communiqué issued by the Constitutional Court. The report issued by the CC said that the reason for the annulment of the decisions taken on 7-9 June is “the situation in the Republic of Moldova, especially the announcement of the transfer of power to the Government of Sandu and the coalition formed in the Parliament Republic of Moldova”. Note that three of the six magistrates of the Constitutional Court come from the Democratic Party.

“The judges of the Constitutional Court continue their delirium, nationally and internationally shaming the institution they represent. In essence, the Court, rather than recognizing that it participated in the desperate attempt of the Democratic Party to maintain its power unlawfully, justifies its decision only by the fact that this is the situation at present in the Republic of Moldova. I call this approach inappropriate from the perspective of respect for the Supreme State Law. The Constitutional Court must adopt acts in accordance with the provisions of the letter and spirit of the Constitution, and not based on the decisions and behavior of the political actors in the country. At the same time, I ask the judges of the Court to submit their resignations immediately if they still have a little honor and respect for the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova and the citizens of this country,” says Maia Sandu.

Romanian Judge Cristi Danileţ, a former member of the Superior Council of Magistracy in Romania, claims that the decision of the Constitutional Court on the cancellation of the judgments issued on 7-9 June is legally unprecedented.

Previously, the Constitutional Court ruled by Plahotniuc, declared unconstitutional the election of the leadership of the Moldovan Parliament and the vote of the new Government, and later instituted the interim president, after having previously decided that the deadline for a new government to vote was 7 June 2019, not June 9, as previously mentioned in the public space. These decisions have given rise to a number of criticisms and, at the request of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjorn Jagland, the Venice Commission was due to comment on the decisions taken by the CC next week.

Continue Reading

Important

Democrats leave government to the new coalition

The decision was taken after today’s National Political Council of the Plahotniuc’s party, announced Vladimir Cebortari, vice-president of the DPM.

Published

on

According to Cebotari, DPM’s decision is a clear signal that the Democratic Party no longer holds power in the country.

“However, our decision will not solve the constitutional blockade,” Cebotari said.

“Regardless of what solutions will be found, as long as we have the decisions of the CC in place, the Government that will be installed will operate illegally, and the officials of the institutions will not be legally able to execute the decisions of such a Government and will be in a situation of legal risk. That is why final elections will be reached, as it’s the only way to solve the crisis created by the binomial Socialist Party–’ACUM’ bloc legally and completely,” finalized the DPM vice-president.

Vladimir Cebotari said that the next move on behalf of the DPM should be expected. However, it might be way too early to call it good news just yet.

Two days ago, the leaders of the bloc ‘ACUM’ Maia Sandu and Andrei Nastase asked the Moldovan citizens to come to Parliament for the  “march of the people” on Sunday, June 16th. President Igor Dodon, too, called on the country’s citizens and his supporters to participate in the march, in support of the new government.

Maia Sandu warned that “the Plahotniuc regime will do everything in its power to prevent citizens from coming to the march of the people. They will try to stop public transport, threaten drivers, block the streets.”

“Prepare yourself! Come early, come to your relatives’s place and stay overnight in town. Offer car seats to those who wish, but don’t have the possibility to join. They stop the cars? We walk! They will hear our every step and see that Moldova doesn’t belong to them, but to the people and children of Moldova,” said Maia Sandu at the press conference.

She addressed all police officers who refuse to obey to Plahotniuc’s orders as well as those responsible for national security and citizens to maintain public order and ensure that no citizen of this country would suffer.

Will Plahotniuc’s remaining army find ways to prevent the event from happening? How many of Moldova’s remaining people will attend the rally? That’s for us to find out on the coming Sunday.

Rebranding of DPM’s logo: Constantin Șarcov

Continue Reading

Important

Cristina Balan, the Moldovan ambassador to the US and former DPM vice-president, is ignoring new MFA’s recall for consultations in Chisinau

Moldovan Ambassador to the US Cristina Balan ignored the order of the new Moldovan Foreign Minister in the Government of Maia Sandu, Nicu Popescu, in which she was asked to present herself no later than today, June 14, 2019, at 3 pm, for consultations in Chisinau.

Published

on

According to Nicu Popescu, this confirmed that Cristina Balan chose to execute the diplomacy of Plahotniuc’s Democratic Party, instead of the state’s diplomacy.

“I reiterated to the US authorities that from now on, all the steps taken by Balan are made on her own account, and do not reflect in any way the position of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of the Republic of Moldova”, claims Nicu Popescu.

He mentioned that he has decided to submit to the Government of the Republic of Moldova the proposal to dismiss Mrs. Cristina Balan from the position of ambassador of the Republic of Moldova to the United States of America.

Cristina Balan is the former vice-president of PDM, where she was responsible for the DPM’s foreign affairs management. Oligarch Vlad Plahotniuc was elected to this position on May 8, 2018.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Justice10 hours ago

Maia Sandu asks the magistrates of the Moldovan Constitutional Court to submit their resignation letters

PM Maia Sandu was disturbed by the communiqué issued by the Constitutional Court. The report issued by the CC said...

Important2 days ago

Democrats leave government to the new coalition

The decision was taken after today's National Political Council of the Plahotniuc's party, announced Vladimir Cebortari, vice-president of the DPM.

Important2 days ago

Cristina Balan, the Moldovan ambassador to the US and former DPM vice-president, is ignoring new MFA’s recall for consultations in Chisinau

Moldovan Ambassador to the US Cristina Balan ignored the order of the new Moldovan Foreign Minister in the Government of...

Politics3 days ago

Andrian Candu, ex-President of the Moldovan Parliament, went on a secret visit to Washington

Based on what Plahotniuc had done over the past 10 years of reign over Moldova's public institutions, his sudden and...

Politics4 days ago

Vladimir Putin: “Power in Moldova has been usurped by oligarchs”

The Russian Federation welcomes the co-operation between the Socialist Party of Moldova and the 'ACUM' and is going to support...

Important4 days ago

What we need to know about the recent ECHR decision on behalf of Turkish teachers’ expulsion

Not many might remember, but quite a while ago, on the morning of September 6, 2018, seven Turkish citizens were...

Politics4 days ago

Ex-PM Filip’s Cabinet of Ministers had a secret meeting and approved two decisions

The now pseudo-government led by Pavel Filip organized a meeting yesterday, 11 June, without announcing it publicly. At the meeting,...

Advertisement

Opinions

Advertisement

Trending